- 1 Comprehensive Lincoln Viking 3350 4C Review
- 2 Features
- 3 Factors to Consider When Buying A Welding Helmet
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5 Conclusion
Today welding helmets are so many on the market which makes it hard to choose the best. In this article, we have covered a comprehensive Lincoln Viking 3350 4C review for those who are searching for the most reliable welding helmet. During our research we realized that it has so many useful features which you can rarely find in any other helmets. Apart from that, it is among the most comfortable, durable and advanced welding helmets you will ever find. Check more details about it below.
Comprehensive Lincoln Viking 3350 4C Review
Lincoln Viking 3350 4C is a top quality gear for welders. It has awesome features as compared to most of the models on the market which means that it will give you excellent value for your money if you decide to pick it.
Large Viewing Window
The first thing you will love about it is the large viewing window which allows you to see clearly. Due to this design, it allows you to complete your tasks faster. As compared to other welding helmets, this one has one of the largest viewing which makes it to be a top choice for serious welders.
When buying welding helmet, one of the most important thing you should be concerned about is comfort. What you will love about Lincoln Viking 3350 4C apart from being lightweight is that it uses a unique X6 headgear which is great for six functions which includes;
- Easy to adjust
- Provides advanced form fit
- Cushioned and flexible back pad
- Easy to adjust resting positions
- Padded and rotatable headband
- Vertical position clear line
Top Quality Lens
Another remarkable feature you will find in this helmet is that it has a high quality lens with an optical rating of 1/1/1/1. Its cartridge has also been tested in 4 categories which includes clarity degree, shade uniformity, distortion extent and viewing angle consistency. This technology is known as the 4C technology and it provides natural colors and not the typical green haze. After this test, this helmet has the highest rating in the four categories.
You should also note that it has 4 arch sensors which catches the arc spark during welding. This feature darkens the lens automatically. Another rare thing is that it has an ATF adjustment feature which makes it easy to determine the distance between the lens and your face.
Rapid Switch Time
If you are a welder who works for many hours in a day, this one will be a great option because it provides rapid switching to minimize eyestrain. It also comes with a delay control, internal shade control and a sensitivity control. Additionally, it is equipped with 4 sensors which flickers automatically in case there is an obstruction.
In terms of versatility, this helmet outperforms other welding helmets. It is suitable for arc, TIG and MIG welding. Additionally, it has a grind function which means that you can also use it for grinding. It also comes with a carrying bag for easier transport and storage. Again, you can easily adjust the shade from 6 to 13 using the shade selector knob.
This helmet uses1 CR2450 battery which is solar powered. When you are not using it, you can keep outside to recharge. What you will love about this battery is that it is very durable and reliable.
Factors to Consider When Buying A Welding Helmet
- Auto darkening feature – Auto darkening simply means the ability of the helmet lens to detect light produced during welding and then adjusting to protect your eyes. One of the major selling points of Lincoln welding Helmet Black 3350 is has a switching speed of 1/25000 sec. This means that it adjusts the light instantly to protect your eyes.
- Viewing area – A good helmet should have a large viewing area to make your work easier. As compared to other helmets, Lincoln welding Helmet 3350 provides a larger viewing area of 125 square inches. If your current helmet makes it hard for you to see clearly, you will notice a very big difference when you start using Lincoln Electric Viking 3350 auto darkening welding helmet.
- Comfort – You do not need a very heavy helmet which will make you uncomfortable when working. When you are using a heavy helmet, your will be straining your neck and you won’t be able to work properly. Again, it should fit perfectly on your head. One of the reasons why many welders love Welding Helmet 3350 is that it is very comfortable even when you are using it for many hours.
- Arc sensors – These sensors usually detects flashes when you are working. Cheaper options will have one or two arc sensors while the most advanced helmets with have 3 or 4 sensors. Lincoln welding helmet 3350 contains 4 arc sensors which means that it is very advanced.
- Price – Welding helmets are available in different prices. Even if you are on a tight budget, cheap helmets may not be the best solution. You will find that most of them doesn’t have a lot of features and may not be durable. Look for the best welding helmet irrespective of price.
Frequently Asked Questions
The good thing about this helmet the lens is very reliable even when using outside in sunlight.
Yes. Apart from the auto on feature it also has a timer for the auto off.
It works with one CR2450 replaceable battery.
Lincoln is among the best brands when it comes to production of durable welding helmets. As compared to other welding helmets, Lincoln Viking 3350 4C auto darkening welding helmet provides the best performance. This makes it a great option for any welder who is planning to upgrade an entry level or a low cost helmet with an advanced one. It is unbeatable when it comes to clarity, comfort, durability and convenience. Even if it is a bit expensive, it will give you the best value for your money as compared to any other welding helmet on the market. Click here to check what customers are assaying about it.