Searching for a good welding helmet requires a lot of research because not all products on the market are reliable. If you are searching for an affordable and comfortable auto-darkening helmet which has a large viewing window, you need to check out our Yeswelder helmet review. As compared to other welding helmets, this one is packed with fantastic features and it is one of the top rated welding helmets on the market. Check more details about it below.
Detailed Yeswelder Welding Helmet Review & Breakdown
The first thing you need to know about YESWELDER LYG-M800H is that it is among the most durable and reliable welding helmets you will ever find. It is made of PP and PA material to enhance durability. Due to its unique features, you can use it for MMA, MIG, TIG and plasma applications. It is equipped with 4 premium sensors which provides excellent clarity. It is also powered by 1 Lithium Ion Battery which has a lifespan of 3000 hours. In terms of size, it has a measurement of 12.5 X 7.9 X 9.8 Inches and a weight of 2.2 pounds.
The control panel is situated on the outer part of the helmet but the button is big which make it easy to use.
It also uses true color technology to give you clear visibility when working. Again, this technology prevents eyestrain by reducing the traditional lime green color in the viewing screen. It is also worth noting that it has an optical clarity rating of 1/1/1/2. It also has a response time of 1/10000 seconds when brightening or darkening the screen.
Large viewing screen
In terms of the screen size, you will find that it has a screen size of 3.93 x 3.66 Inches which means that it provides a complete view of your working area. Due to this, it enhances your productivity because you will be able to see more.
Another impressive feature you will find in this helmet is the oversized comfort cushion which provides maximum comfort. The headgear is very easy to adjust to provide a comfortable fit.
Why Should You Buy Yeswelder Helmet?
Irrespective of whether you are a professional welder or you are just starting out, this helmet will help you in the following.
- Head safety – Welding is a very risky activity and one of the reasons you should buy this helmet is because it protects your head from sparks, heat and flying particles when you are working.
- Eye safety – Light sparks that results when welding are very dangerous to your eyes. If you are not careful, there are likely to cause permanent retinal damage and even blindness. To be on the safe side, Yeswelder helmet provides has excellent auto darkening feature which adjusts according to the light being produced.
- Price – Even if you do not have a lot of money, Yeswelder helmet is among the most affordable welding helmets you will ever find. It is also packed with useful features which means that you can highly rely on it for all your welding tasks.
How To Take Care Of YESWELDER LYG-M800H
If you want this helmet to serve you for many years, you should do the following.
- Manual – This helmet comes with a user guide which has all the details about the helmet. Even before you use the helmet, ensure that you have understood the instructions provided. You can also search for information about the helmet online in case you need some further clarifications.
- Cleaning – When cleaning, always stick to the instructions provided by the manufacturer. You also need to ensure that you are using the recommended cleaning agents.
- Check your helmet frequently – It is good to check your helmet from time to ensure that all parts are in good condition. You need to check the lenses and any cracks or scratches. This will allow you to repair the helmet on time. This also protects you from potential injuries that might result when the helmet is damaged.
- Repairs – In case it needs some repairs, the best thing to do would be to take it to an expert if you are not sure that you can handle the repairs. You might end up damaging it in the process which means that you will need to purchase a new helmet.
- Storage – Make sure you have a dedicated space where you will be keeping your helmet after use. Doing this will ensure that nobody gets hurt when it is laying around. It will also be easier to access anytime you need it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it has this function.
The battery of this unit is in the located in the viewing screen. When you want to replace, you will just need to remove the viewing screen.
Yes, the Lithium Ion battery is solar powered.
Yes, you can use it for stick welding.
The inside lens have a dimension of 0.43 x 0.29 inches.
There is a knob that is located on the side of the helmet which you can use to adjust from D1N5 to DIN13.
You should use a shade setting of 10.
The Final Verdict
Overall, YESWELDER LYG-M800H is an excellent entry-level helmet which will give you value for your money. It is also one of the most budget friendly welding helmets for those who are on a budget. If you are a searching for a sturdy, comfortable and cheap welding helmet, this helmet should be among your top priorities.